Daniela Riccardi appointed as CEO of Moleskine
Daniela Riccardi has been appointed as Moleskine’s new CEO. She will join the company in April 2020.
Ms Riccardi, who is Italian of birth, has built an extensive international career during which she successfully led and turned around businesses and brands around the world:
- She held various senior management positions at Procter & Gamble (Italy, Belgium, Latin America, Moscow and China) between 1985 and 2010 during which she successfully established and implemented growth strategies, restructured businesses and led businesses in fast growing markets.
- During 2010-2013 she was the CEO of Diesel, the Italian clothing company that is known for its denim products. Under her leadership a strategic plan and organizational structure were set up to make the business model sustainable while restoring financial health.
- In 2013 she became CEO of Baccarat, the French luxury brand that is recognized internationally for its exclusive crystal products. Ms Riccardi led a significant transformation of Baccarat including the rejuvenation of the brand and improvement of the financial performance.
- She is a member of the Board of Directors of WPP (since 2013) and Kering (since 2014).
Francis Deprez, CEO of D’Ieteren, commented: “I am thrilled that Daniela Riccardi will be joining Moleskine as the new CEO. Her inspirational leadership, her impressive expertise as brand visionary, as well as her extensive experience with premium and lifestyle sectors, will help Moleskine fully realize its purpose of sharing human knowledge and culture, and continue to pursue its profitable growth ambitions during the next phase of its development.”
Daniela Riccardi commented: “"I am very honored to take the lead of Moleskine, a legendary and unique brand that changed the meaning of notebooks and offers still today many opportunities for developing and extending its relevance. I am also very happy to be back in Italy, my own country, and leverage the experience gathered around the world to support an iconic Italian brand and contribute to the success of the Italian business environment."
Daniela Riccardi is a Magna Cum Laude graduate in Political Science and International Studies at the Sapienza University in Rome and completed a Fellowship in Marketing at Yale University.
End of press release
In existence since 1805, and across family generations, D'Ieteren seeks growth and value creation by pursuing a strategy on the long term for its businesses and actively encouraging and supporting them to develop their position in their industry or in their geographies. The Group has currently the following activities:
- D'Ieteren Auto distributes Volkswagen, Audi, SEAT, Škoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Porsche and Yamaha vehicles in Belgium. It has a market share of around 22% and 1.2 million vehicles on the road. Its business model is evolving towards improving the lives of citizens with fluid, accessible and sustainable mobility. Sales and adjusted operating result reached respectively EUR 3.6 billion and EUR 119.0 million in FY 2019.
- Belron (54.85% of the voting rights) has a clear purpose: "making a difference by solving people's problems with real care". It is the worldwide leader in vehicle glass repair and replacement and operates in 39 countries, through wholly owned businesses and franchises, with market leading brands - including Carglass®, Safelite® and Autoglass®. In addition, Belron manages vehicle glass and other insurance claims on behalf of insurance customers. Sales and adjusted operating result reached respectively EUR 4.2 billion and EUR 400.5 million in FY 2019.
- Moleskine (100% owned) is a premium and aspirational lifestyle brand which develops and sells iconic branded notebooks and writing, travel and reading accessories through a multichannel distribution strategy across 114 countries. Sales and adjusted operating result reached respectively EUR 163.9 million and EUR 18.6 million in FY 2019.
- D'Ieteren Immo (100%) groups together the Belgian real estate interests of D'Ieteren Group. It owns and manages approximately 30 properties which generated EUR 19.7 million net rental income in FY 2019. It also pursues investment projects and carries out studies into possible site renovations.
Francis Deprez, Chief Executive Officer
Arnaud Laviolette, Chief Financial Officer
Pascale Weber, Investor Relations - Tel: + 32 (0)2 536.54.39
Recent press releases
- 7 Apr 2021 - Group
Test 3Read the press release
- 7 Apr 2021 - Results
TestRead the press release
- 7 Apr 2021 - Group
Test 2Read the press release
- 16 Mar 2020 - Moleskine
Daniela Riccardi appointed as CEO of MoleskineRead the press release