Proposal to appoint two new Directors to D’Ieteren’s Board
Today, D’Ieteren is issuing the invitation for the Ordinary and Extraordinary General Meetings which will take place on 31 May 2018. The agenda of the Ordinary General Meeting includes the proposal to renew the mandates of a number of existing directors (Pierre-Olivier Beckers sprl, GEMA sprl, s.a. de Participation et de Gestion, Nayarit Participations s.c.a., Mr Pascal Minne and Mr Axel Miller) and to appoint two new non-executive independent directors: Ms Cécile Bonnefond and Ms Sophie Gasperment.
Ms Cécile Bonnefond holds an MBA degree from the European Business School (Paris/London/Frankfurt) and an Executive MBA degree from IMD (Switzerland). She held various marketing and sales positions at Danone between 1979 and 1984, followed by 10 years at Kellogg’s where she held various management positions including CEO of Italy, Greece and Cyprus. In 1995, Ms Bonnefond joined Grand Metropolitan/Sara Lee where she acted as CEO of Grand Metropolitan Foods France then Sara Lee Bakery Europe. Starting in 2001, she spent 9 years with LVMH, the nr 1 worldwide Luxury Group, where she held the position of CEO for the famous Veuve Clicquot Champagne, then briefly joining Le Bon Marché retail branch. In 2011, she created her own Consulting Company. As such, she was active at the family owned EPI Group as Deputy Managing Director of the group and President of Piper & Charles Heidsieck Champagnes. She now provides consulting services to various companies and sits on several Boards including Vandemoortele, Château Dauzac and non-profit organisations.
Ms Sophie Gasperment is a graduate of ESSEC business school and Insead. She joined L’Oréal in 1986. After 14 years in operational and strategic marketing positions, she was appointed General Manager for L’Oréal in the UK. She remained UK-based for the following 14 years, notably as Chairwoman and Chief Executive Officer of The Body Shop International, the iconic English brand spanning 60 countries and ca. 20 000 people strong. Since 2014, Sophie Gasperment is the L’Oréal Group General Manager leading Financial Communication and Strategic Prospective. Sophie Gasperment was appointed French Foreign Trade Advisor in 2005, elected to the UK executive board, and has contributed to the Business Advisory Council of Said Business School, Oxford University. Sophie Gasperment has been a non-Executive Director of AccorHotels since 2010 and chairs the Nominations and Remunerations Committee. She also serves on the Supervisory board of Cimpress N.V., a NASDAQ-listed, technology company.
Subject to the approval of these two new appointments by the shareholders, D’Ieteren’s Board of Directors will consist of 12 members:
- six non-executive Directors, appointed upon proposal of the family shareholders;
- five non-executive Directors, four of whom are independent;
- the Group CEO
End of press release
In existence since 1805, and across family generations, D’Ieteren seeks growth and value creation by pursuing a long-term strategy for its businesses and actively encouraging and supporting them to develop their position in their industry or in their geographies. The group has currently three activities articulated around strong brands:
- D'Ieteren Auto distributes Volkswagen, Audi, SEAT, Škoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Porsche and Yamaha vehicles in Belgium. It is the country's number one car distributor, with a market share of around 21% and 1.2 million vehicles on the road at the end of 2017. Sales and adjusted operating result reached respectively EUR 3.3 billion and EUR 85.9 million in FY 2017.
- Belron (54.85% owned) makes a difference by solving people’s problems with real care. It is the worldwide leader in vehicle glass repair and replacement, trading under more than 10 major brands including Carglass®, Safelite® AutoGlass and Autoglass®. In addition, it manages vehicle glass and other insurance claims on behalf of insurance customers. Belron is also expanding its services to focus on solving problems for people who need assistance with repairs to their vehicles and homes. Sales and adjusted operating result reached respectively EUR 3.5 billion and EUR 189.8 million in FY 2017.
- Moleskine (100% owned) is a premium and aspirational lifestyle brand which develops and sells iconic branded notebooks and writing, travel and reading accessories through a multichannel distribution strategy across more than 115 countries. Sales and operating result reached respectively EUR 155 million and EUR 25 million in FY 2017.
Axel Miller, Chief Executive Officer
Arnaud Laviolette, Chief Financial Officer
Pascale Weber, Financial Communication - Tel: + 32 (0)2 536.54.39
Recent press releases
- 7 Apr 2021 - Group
Test 3Read the press release
- 7 Apr 2021 - Results
TestRead the press release
- 7 Apr 2021 - Group
Test 2Read the press release
- 16 Mar 2020 - Moleskine
Daniela Riccardi appointed as CEO of MoleskineRead the press release