Role Evolutions at Moleskine
The Board of directors of Moleskine Srl that will be held on 27 September 2017 will be asked to approve the designation of Arrigo Berni (60) as Chairman of the Board and of Lorenzo Viglione (56) as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Moleskine. Arrigo Berni has been the CEO of the Company since 2006 and Lorenzo Viglione has been the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the Company since 2014. Together, and with all people at Moleskine, they have successfully built the company and the brand to the growing and inspiring business it is today. D'Ieteren fully supports this evolution, which has been prepared in agreement between all parties, and is confident that it will allow the Company to continue its positive development and growth for the coming years in line with its ambitions.
About Lorenzo Viglione :
- Lorenzo Viglione (born in Novara, Italy, in 1961) holds a degree in Nuclear Engineering from Politecnico di Milano
- From 1986 to 2000, he held different managerial positions in major corporations such as Olivetti, Fiat Group and Bulgari
- From 2000 to 2013, he was founder and partner of the consultancy agency Studio Viglione specialized in reviewing and applying companies’ operating strategies, assisting clients such as Bulgari, Gucci, Chopard Italia, Pasquale Bruni, Testoni and Moleskine (since 2008)
- He has been COO of Moleskine since 2014.
Moleskine’s release on this matter is attached hereto and incorporated herein by reference.
End of press release
In existence since 1805, and across family generations, D’Ieteren seeks growth and value creation by pursuing a strategy on the long term for its businesses and actively encouraging and supporting them to develop their position in their industry or in their geographies. The group has currently three activities articulated around strong brands:
- D'Ieteren Auto distributes Volkswagen, Audi, SEAT, Škoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Porsche and Yamaha vehicles in Belgium. It is the country's number one car distributor, with a market share of around 22% and 1.2 million vehicles on the road at the end of 2016. Sales and adjusted operating result reached respectively EUR 3.1 billion and EUR 75.8 million in FY 2016.
- Belron (94.85% owned) makes a difference by solving people’s problems with real care. It is the worldwide leader in vehicle glass repair and replacement, trading under more than 10 major brands including Carglass®, Safelite® AutoGlass and Autoglass®. In addition, it manages vehicle glass and other insurance claims on behalf of insurance customers. Belron is also expanding its services to focus on solving problems for people who need assistance with repairs to their vehicles. Sales and adjusted operating result reached respectively EUR 3.3 billion and EUR 190.7 million in FY 2016.
- Moleskine (100% owned) is a premium and aspirational lifestyle brand which develops and sells iconic branded notebooks and writing, travel and reading accessories through a multichannel distribution strategy across 102 countries. Sales and operating result reached respectively EUR 145.2 million and EUR 34.0 million on a stand-alone basis in FY 2016.
Axel Miller, Chief Executive Officer
Arnaud Laviolette, Chief Financial Officer
Pascale Weber, Financial Communication - Tel: + 32 (0)2 536.54.39
Recent press releases
- 7 Apr 2021 - Group
Test 3Read the press release
- 7 Apr 2021 - Results
TestRead the press release
- 7 Apr 2021 - Group
Test 2Read the press release
- 16 Mar 2020 - Moleskine
Daniela Riccardi appointed as CEO of MoleskineRead the press release